Tom Hardy on His "Dark Knight Rises" Character: I Didn't Know Who Bane Was » Gossip

Tom Hardy on His 'Dark Knight Rises' Character: I Didn't Know Who Bane Was » Gossip | Tom Hardy
 Tom Hardy


Tom Hardy on His "Dark Knight Rises" Character: I Didn't Know Who Bane Was » Gossip - It may be disappointing for hardcore Batman fans to learn that Tom Hardy didn’t know who Bane was before playing the character in “The Dark Knight Rises.”

In a recent interview with MTV, the 34-year-old actor revealed, “When I first heard of Bane, I think, like a lot of people who aren't Batman-centric in a way, I didn't know who he was.”

Hardy went on to say, “So it had to be explained who he was, and then I looked at him and I saw his luchador mask and his way-tight wrestling pants and his huge muscles. I thought, 'He must have got the wrong man, because I can't play ... I don't play that.'”

The “Inception” actor praised the famed director saying, "Chris Nolan's take on [Bane] was intrinsically lateral because he has a way of wanting and desiring to breathe a realism and a lateral thought into that which has already come through the comic book world.”

Tom went on to add, “I think largely that's going to upset some people, and there's some people that are going to really hang on to that. And I'm one of those people that really enjoys that actually, to be quite honest — carving a new way through something that's already a set piece on the planet."

Watch the full interview below and catch “The Dark Knight Rises” in theaters on July 20!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Celebrity Gallery and Gossip. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.